Monday, November 8, 2010

FROM MILES TO MILESTONES

2:27PM
Once again I said that I would blog "tomorrow" and yet failed to the duty and task.  Did I forget? No.  Was I too busy? Sometimes.  I totally could have blogged - like weeks ago.  LOL.  Well, I'm here now, and that's all that matters.

I do have a picture from Aaediin's therapy session at McDonald's  He did very well.  He even waved at 2 kids and said "HELLO!".  It was a fun day!
AAEDIIN - OCTOBER 11, 2010- @ McDonald's PlayLand


Lately I've been in Birmingham, AL staying with a great friend of mine.  He's definitely helped me with Aaediin - well all of the kids, but the breakthrough and miracle comes with Aaediin.  I really cannot go into details as to what all has been going on, but Aaediin is now a totally different person compared to my last post - which was THE TANTRUM EXPRESS.

THE CUP - We've totally got rid of "THE CUP"... If you're uncertain what "THE CUP" is, be sure to look a few pix I have posted on here.  I'm sure you'll see it in the background or in his hand, but that was basically a crutch, that I am unhappy to say that I didn't mind because it was pacification from the tantrums, outbursts, etc.  I had to be honest with myself, and my dear friend helped me realize that we're not going to get anywhere with it! So, NO MORE CUP!!! He's adjusted very well without it...He drinks great out of water bottles - not so well with regular cups yet, due to his lack of patience, but straws always make things better!

FOOD - As a result of getting rid of the cup, Aaediin is now drinking less beverages, and his appetite has completely opened up.  He's still a bit picky, but he's taking in proteins and is willing to try foods (if I don't look at him with it).  

SPEECH - He still doesn't speak much, but a few days ago, he miraculously responded with "Yes, Sir" when asked if he understood which led me to really see how observant he is and how what we're doing is working.  He also tries to communicate things that he desires and wants, which is a great breakthrough.

TANTRUMS - The tantrums are diminishing.  He hardly cries as much.  If he does, I pull a Nanny911 method..and put him in Time Out.  

Overall, it's still a battle - trying to get through all of this, but I'm blessed that Aaediin is making milestones.  At first, I was thinking that it's going to be so hard to get through all of this, but I see hope and I am claiming POSITIVITY as our End Result!

-3:00PM

If you're a parent with a child with a disability of some sort with a blog, please don't hesitate to contact me, follow me, and/or send me your link to your blog! :) 

No comments: